Y’all most likely know Adam Bork (a.k.a. Earthpig) from his unforgettable photography that graces Soulhat’s first two (and last) album covers. But he’s also a talented musician in his own right and a multimedia artist who challenges us to see life a little differently.
Well, the indomitable Earthpig is once again leaving the shores of Austin for the greener pastures of … Marfa? Well, if anyone can get to the bottom of the mystery of the “Marfa Lights,” it would be Adam. Anyhow, Austinites eager to hear his unique style and outstanding catalog of original material should be sure and check out one or all of the shows on his Austin “farewell tour.” Here’s the itinerary:
- Wed July 14–Continental Club after John Dee Graham. Mandon Maloney on drums w/ Adam Bork..
- Fri July 16–Flipnotics outdoors. 8:55 Pm. Show is over by 10:30. This is the Pig’s birthday — he’ll be playing solo with slideshows and drum machine and sometimes no drum machine.
- Wed July 21–Continental Club. Curtain #3 plays 1st. Adam is in this band. Then Adam Bork plays with Mandon Maloney on drums. Then Maclemore Avenue plays last. They’re great.
- Wed July 28–Continental Club after Jon Dee Graham.
- Fri July 31st–Ego’s on South Congress. Big Adam Bork night. The girl band Adam has been producing is playing 1st. 9:30. They are tentatively called Kitchen Talk. Then Curtain #3 plays and then Adam Bork plays with Conrad on the drums.