It’s hard to believe but it’s been 15 years since Liberty Lunch closed it’s doors. The end of one of Austin’s most famous music venues was marked by musician Michael Hall (and a few names you might know) by playing “Gloria” for 24 straight hours. Hall, who’s now a senior editor at Texas Monthly, just penned a story on that remarkable night.
Well, with the exception of last Saturday night, the weather has been cooperating and SXSW is well underway. Don’t miss Kevin McKinney and Soulhat in shows in and around town this week. Here’s the lowdown
- Tues night (3/12) Kevin McKinney with Miles Zuniga at Strange Brew, 10pm
- Thurs (3/14) Kevin McKinney with Tony Scalzo at Lucy’s Fried Chicken, noon
- Fri (3/15) Soulhat, and Kevin McKinney with English Teeth and Tony Scalzo at The Continental Club, 1-4pm
- Fri eve (3/15) Kevin McKinney with A is Red at Strange Brew, 7:20pm
- Sat (3/16) Soulhat at Patagonia, 6pm
- Sat (3/16) Kevin McKinney with Tony Scalzo at Strange Brew, 11pm
Welcome to Austin!